Veterans Advisory Board Openings

It has come to our attention that both the Chelan County and Douglas County Veterans Advisory Boards have openings for a new member.

Pursuiant to RCW 73.08.035 –┬áMembers of the Veterans Advisory Boards must be a veteran and a legal resident of the county for the board on which they wish to serve.

Those interested in serving on the Chelan County Veterans Advisory Board need to submit a Letter of Intent to Tony Sandoval, Chelan County Veterans Service Officer by email, postal mail, or dropping it off in person. This Letter of Intent should include brief information about you military service, valid contact information, and an explanation of why you’d like to be on the Board.

If you’re a resident of Douglas County, the process is slightly different. David Schwab, President of the Board, and Sarah Simonson, Douglas County Veteran Service Officer, have an application form that should be filled out and submitted to the Board.

In both cases, current Board members will review interested individuals and make a recommendation to their County Commissioners, who will then make the appointment.

Questions about the responsibilities for the positions should be directed to the respective County Service Officer (linked above).

Leave a Comment

20 − six =